– To examine and analyse the factors contributing to the improvement of economic and social well-being of people in rural areas on a sustainable basis with focus on the rural poor and the other disadvantaged groups through research, action research and consultancy efforts.
– To facilitate the rural development efforts with particular emphasis and focus on the rural poor by improving the knowledge,skills and attitudes of rural development officials and non-officials through organizing training, workshops and seminars.
– To teach water harvesting.
– To protect farmers help them in agricultural issues.
– To give them expert services/insurance guidance.